Players learn to turn while maintaining their dribble and keeping the ball close to their body.
- Setup four cones with one cone on each of the endlines and the other two cones offset on opposite sides about halfway down the pitch.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle.
- First player in each line takes off.
- Player dribbles to the first cone, executes a turn and dribbles to the diagonal cone.
- There they execute a second turn and then dribble to the endline cone.
- After crossing endline, player goes to back of the line to go again.
- When executing the turn the player should use the following technique – inside of the foot cut, outside foot hook and drag back.
- As players get better with the drill they should strive to dribble and turn faster and faster without losing control of the ball.
- You could also divide the pitch into two halves and run four lines in this drill.