Players dribble against pressure and learn to close out an attack with a scoring flourish.
- Set up four goals – two on the top and two on the bottom of a 20 yard by 30 yard area.
- Players form two lines by the coach.
How it Works
- Coach kicks a ball out on the pitch between the two lines of players.
- First player in each line goes after it.
- Player who gains possession tries to score in one of the four goals. The other player tries to steal the ball and score in one of the goals.
- First to score wins. If no one scores within 10 seconds it is a draw.
- Stress all of the following during this drill: dribbling, running fast with the ball, using both long and short touches and keeping their heads up while dribbling.
- Players should also keep the ball close and utilize moves and fakes to dribble past the defender.