Players learn to control the ball using six surfaces of the foot.
- Create approximately five gates on the pitch.
- Each player has a ball.
How it Works
- Coach blows the whistle.
- Players dribble through the gates on the pitch.
- Run the drill for one minute.
- Pause for 30 seconds and then run again.
- Players should be using the following dribbling technique: outside of foot, inside of the foot, laces, bottom, toe and heel. Then switch to the other foot and repeat.
- You could add two defenders to make the drill more difficult. The defenders get in front of the dribblers and force them to go around them but shouldn’t try to steal the ball.
- With defenders present, offensive players should using long and short touches and moves and fakes to get past them.