Players practice both dribbling and bringing the ball to a stop.
- Create approximately five triangles on the pitch. Each player has a soccer ball.
How it Works
- Coach blows the whistle and each player tries to dribble into and out of as many triangles as they can before the coach blows the whistle again.
- Each time a player enters a triangle they should stop the ball with their foot before proceeding to another triangle.
- Run the drill for 90 seconds. Have the players rest for 30 seconds and then go again.
- Players should be stopping the ball with a soft touch of the bottom of their foot on the top of the ball.
- Encourage players to get in and out of as many triangles as they can.
- Players should be using soft touches and keeping the ball close to their body – no big kicks.