This drill works on a player’s shooting and awareness during a game.
- Divide players into teams of five, with one goalie in each group.
- Cone off a 25-yard by 25yard area to do this drill.
- Each side will have a goal area, with a goalie minding the net.
- Two players from each team will play two on two, while the other two players on the team will cover goal lines between the corner cones.
- If the ball is kicked and misses the net, the players on the end lines will attempt to get the ball back to their players inside the coned box.
- Rotate players from the goal lines into the coned area to switch the two on two play and provide every player with the opportunity to improve.
- The overall result will be more shooting practice on the goalie, and it will keep players into the game as they watch for the ball on the goal line.