Players practice shooting on goal off the dribble.
- Players form two lines – one on each side of the goal similar to a layup basketball drill.
How it Works
- Coach says “go” or blows the whistle.
- Player on right dribbles in and shoots. He retrieves his ball and goes to the end of the opposite line.
- Player on left dribbles in and shoots on goal.
- Drill continues in this alternating fashion.
- Encourage the players to take different lines of attack – for instance the might dribble into the middle of the pitch or streak down the side.
- Add a goalie to increase the difficulty. You could also have one line pass to the other line who then shoots.
- Watch for proper shooting fundamentals – head down, eyes on the ball.