This drill helps players work on attacking, passing, and defending which will help them improve their overall game skills.
- Place a goalie in the goal, two defenders and two forwards inside the penalty box, and nine remaining players in a semi-circle about 10 yards outside of the penalty box. Each player in the semi-circle will need a ball.
How it Works
- The players with the balls will do toe touches on the ball until the coach calls their name. When the coach calls a player’s name, that player must try to pass the ball into one of the forwards.
- The two defenders will be guarding the two forwards.
- Meanwhile the forwards are working to get open and create space and the defenders are trying to steal the ball.
- If a pass gets into a forward then the forwards will try to score.
- If the ball is taken by a defender then the defender will boom the ball and the passer must chase it down.
- Players will rotate positions every couple of minutes.
- Too often players have trouble creating space between themselves and their defender. This drill will help them learn to create space and offer a target to receive a ball from a passer.