Players get familiar with shooting off the dribble and with making moves to get open for a shot.
- Create a grid that is 15 yards long by 20 yards wide.
- Put a goal at each end.
How it Works
- Divide players into two teams. Then divide was team into two lines – one in each field corner of the goal they are defending.
- Coach is at midfield with all the balls. Coach serves a ball to one of the corners and first player from each line runs onto the itch to play 2 vs. 2.
- Play ends on a goal, shot or out of bounds and next four players go.
- Players should be running fast with the ball and using both long and short touches. They should also have their heads u scanning the field.
- When a player gets past a defender they should touch the ball in the direction of the goal to set up their shooting foot for an accurate kick.