This is fun relay race that allows players to practice their passing.
- Divide the players into two teams of eight.
- Divide half the soccer field in half.
- Place one team on each side. They will be spaced out and staggered going from the end line, up to midfield, and then back down to the 18.
- The last player will be at the 18.
How it Works
- Each team will race by passing the ball to each other.
- The player on the end line starts with the ball.
- He passes it to the next player who passes it to the next player and so on.
- The ball should go all the way to midfield and then back to the 18.
- The player at the 18 then takes a shot on goal.
- The first team to put the ball in the goal wins.
- The team that loses can be made to do something extra such as running sprints.
- This drill teaches players to pass the ball quickly and accurately. Making the drill into a competition makes it fun while also helping the players improve their skills and putting them in a more pressured scenario.