Players may need to use their head, knee, or shoulder to redirect the cross pass with one touch into the net.
- Divide your team into three lines. Line #1 will be near midfield and in the center of the field.
- Line #2 will be about 10 yards closer to the goal and near the left sideline.
- Line #3 will be even with player #1 but near the right sideline.
How it Works
- The players at the front of each line will take part in the drill: Player #1, Player #2, Player #3.
- Player #1 will begin with the ball.
- Player #2 will sprint toward the center of the field.
- Player #1 will pass to player #2.
- Then player #2 will pass to player #3 making a run down the sideline.
- After passing player #1 will run to the far goal post while player #2 will run to the near post.
- Player #3 will cross the ball. 8. Players #1 and #2 will redirect the pass into the net.
- This drill teaches players to work as a team. It also works on passing, making runs, crossing, and finishing.