Players often aim for the middle of the goal. This drill helps them focus on hitting the ball low and to the side.
- Set up two cones about 10 yards apart. First cone is about 20 yards from the goal, second is about 30 yards.
How it Works
- Players line up at second cone.
- Coach stands of to the side in front of the first cone.
- Player dribbles from first cone to second cone where he or she then passes the bal to the coach.
- Coach passes the ball into space. Player runs forward, receive the ball and takes a shot on goal.
- The Player aims to knock over one of the cones placed on the inside edges of the goal.
- Be sure to run the drill from both side of the field.
- Emphasize to players that low shots are the most effective shots on goal according to the percentages.