Soccer is a live game where players are constantly changing and doing different things during game play. This drill helps to simulate a player going through those various situations.
- At one end of the field place a goalkeeper in goal and create two equal lines.
- Set up Line 1 about 10 yards outside of the 18 and Line 2 on the opposite side of the field near the sideline.
How it Works
- The first player in Line 1 will shoot the ball on goal and immediately follow their shot for a rebound.
- The coach will then pass a ball to them that they must control and dribble up field.
- They will make a forward pass to the player in Line 2 and will immediately go on defense.
- The player in Line 2 will receive the pass and rush back up field to execute a one on one play and will try and score.
- The new defender will try to make a tackle and steal the ball.
- Once completed the player from Line 1 will go to the back of Line 2, and the Line 2 player will go to the back of Line 1.
- This is a five part drill and must be done as quickly as possible by the player. It can be used as a conditioning drill as much as a skills drill.
- It should take no more than 30 second to complete each player .