Young players learn to secure the ball and dribble it under control to a specified area.
Create a 20 yard wide by 20 yard long grid and then create a 4 yard by 4 yard square in each corner. Put all the balls in the center of the grid.
1.Divide players into four teams and assign each team a corner square.
2. Coach blows whistle or says “go.”
3. Players rush to center of the field, secure a ball and dribble it back to their home square.
4. Once all the balls are gone players can steal from other teams.
5. Team that ends up with the most balls wins.
- Encourage cooperation among teammates.
- Another way for players to a ball back to their home square would be to pass it to a teammate by pointing the toe to the side and striking the ball with the inside of the foot.
- For younger kids, you can make up creative variations of this game for a specific theme. For example… squirrels are bringing nuts back to their nest… or Robin Hood and his band of thieves are robbing from the rich to give to the poor.