Players practice dribbling the ball using all four surfaces of the foot – inside, outside, laces and bottom.
- Mark off an area about 15 yards wide by 20 yards long.
- Player lines up along one of the ends of the marked off area.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle.
- Player dribbles the ball from one end line to the other.
- Then turn around and go back.
- Use the following order when dribbling – outside of the foot, inside of the foot, laces (foot under ball) and bottom (foot on top of ball).
- Run the drill for 10 minutes.
- You could also have the players call out which technique they are using to kick the ball – “outside,” “inside,” “laces,” “bottom.”
- Players should be using controlled touches – you don’t want players going down the pitch with one big kick. You want them to learn to possess and control the ball.