Players work on gaining control of the ball and shooting it accurately into a defended goal.
- Mark off a field that is approximately 20 yards wide by 25 yards long.
- Create four lines of players – one in each corner.
How it Works
- Players of the same team are placed by the corner cones of the goal they are defending.
- Half of a team is in a line at one cone and the other half is at the other cone.
- Coach stands out of bounds at midfield with all the balls.
- Coach serves a ball onto the pitch, players race to the ball and try to score in the opposing team’s goal.
- Players should be selecting the best technique for their shot – a sidefoot shot has greater accuracy, but a shot with the laces and with good follow-through will have greater power.