Players will be practicing ball control in a confined area which will help them develop the need skills for individual ball possession.
- Set four cones up in a square that is about 10 yards by 10 yards. Three players will start outside of the square.
- Each player needs a ball.
How it Works
- The coach will call out one of the player’s names and that player will be “it”.
- All three players will step inside the square.
- The two players who aren’t it will try to kick their balls into the ball of the player who is
- After 1 minute the players come out of the square and a new player is it.
- You can set-up multiple squares and have multiple groups go at the same time.
- This drill teaches players to keep control of the ball for a designated amount of time and to shield the ball from the opponents.