Improves passers’ decision making, accuracy and ability to spot opportunities.
- Create a field that is 40 yards long by 20 yards wide and divide it into thirds.
How it Works
- Divide players into two teams. Put a team in each third.
- Teams in the two outer thirds attempt to pass the ball to each other through the middle third.
- The team in the middle third tries to intercept the pass.
- If the middle team wins the ball they change places with the team that made the pass that was intercepted.
- When passing, players should be looking at the ball while holding their head steady. They contact the ball with a locked ankle. For instep and outside of the foot passes, the toes are pointed down and contact is on the top of the foot. For passes made with the inside of the foot, toes should be pointed up.