Works on passing and receiving fundamentals while adding defensive pressure.
- Mark off a 10 yard by 10 yard grid with cones at the corners.
How it Works
- One payer stands at each side of the square. A defender stands in the middle.
- Offensive players pass the ball back and forth while the defender tries to steal it.
- If the defender gets the ball, he or she goes to offense and the layer’s whose pass was stolen goes to defense.
- Players should be trying to keep the ball on the ground on their passes and avoiding bouncing passes. Bouncing passes can be tricky to trap. If a pass is bouncing, players should use an inside trap (catch the ball with the inside of the foot) and try to keep the ball close to their body.
- Players should be receiving the ball and passing it fast. They shouldn’t be holding it. This is a rapid movement drill.