Forces players to be good passers in order to keep possession of the ball.
- Create two equal numbered teams.
- Use three soccer balls.
How it Works
- Coach says “go” or blows whistle.
- Each team tries to possess as many soccer balls as possible.
- Run the drill for a set time, such as one minute or two minutes.
- Stress to players that when they have the ball they must make good passes to maintain possession.
- Watch that players with the ball also make good decisions on when to pass, when to dribble and who to pass to.
- Players who don’t have the ball shouldn’t just be standing around. They must decide where to run to in order to get open.