This is a fun drill that helps players improve conditioning while also working on their passing and ball awareness skills.
- Mark off a 10 yard by 20 yard grid.
How it Works
- Players line up along on endline.
- Coach stands on the sideline with several balls.
- Coach says go or blows whistle and players try to run from one endline to the other without getting hit by a ball.
- Coach kicks balls at players as they run.
- Any player hit with a ball becomes a passer like the coach.
- Drill continues until only one player is left.
- All passes should be kept below the waist level and should not be kicked too hard. Be safe! Smaller kids can be easily tripped up and hurt.
- Players need to be aware of the balls coming at them as well as the other players on the pitch.