Defenders work with a partner to prevent passes through their area.
- Create a 7 yard by 7 yard square with cones.
How it Works
- 4 attackers around the outside of the square. Two defenders in the square.
- Attackers try to pass the ball around the outside of a square and then through it – splitting the defenders with their pass when possible.
- In this drill it’s important for defenders to learn that the one closest to the ball pressures it and the other defender provides cover.
- Defenders need to work together and maintain their shape to avoid getting split by a pass.