Defensive player works on blocking passes and shots.
- Divide team into groups of 4, mark off a 12-yard square for each group.
- Place a cone with a ball on top in the center of the square.
How it Works
- One player is the defender. The other three are attackers.
- Defender tries to guard the ball while the attackers try to knock if off the cone with shots and passes.
- Run the drill for 20 seconds. Then switch players.
- You can make the area even smaller for older or more skilled players.
- If players stand next to the ball on the cone you could put a three-yard exclusion area around it to make them stand farther away.