PurposeDefenders work with a goaltender to stop a larger group of attackers.
- Mark off a field that is 45 yards long by 35 yards wide.
- Put a big goal at one end and two small goals at the other.
How it Works
- 3 defenders plus goaltender defend the big goal and try to score on the 2 smaller counter goals.
- 5 attackers head toward the big goal.
- Defenders should try to avoid getting split by the attackers. This requires that they maintain their shape and that they work closely together and communicate well.
- Remind defenders that the angle of attack of the first defender should influence the angle of the second defender who now must provide cover.