Players practice their one-on-one defensive technique.
- Create a 7-yard by 7-yard square and put a goal in the center.
How it Works
- Pair players up and give each pair one ball.
- One player is offense, one player is defense.
- Players start on opposite sides of the square.
- The defender passes the ball to the attacker through the cone goal.
- When attacker touches the ball, the defender closes him or her down as quickly as possible and tries to stop the attacker from scoring a goal.
- If defender succeeds for 20 seconds, he or she earns a point.
- Play 3 rounds then switch roles.
- First, defender should always stay between the attacker and the goal.
- Defender should also try to steer the attacker away from the goal.
- The defender should only tackle if and when they are sure they are going to win.