This is a great drill that builds a player’s body and eye coordination, and their ball control skills over time.
- Each player gets his or her own ball and they need an area of about 5 yards by 5 yards.
How it Works
- Have the player contact the ball with an area of their body (shoulder, knee, toe, head) and kick or touch the ball about waist height.
- Then the player needs to let the ball bounce on the ground.
- Then they hit the ball again with one of the other areas of the body, let it bounce, and repeat.
- Have each player do this 20 times.
- Increase the difficulty over time by increasing the number of touches in a row (2 touches, one bounce, 3 touches, one bounce, etc.) and have them alternate feet.
- Many veteran soccer players will be familiar with this one mainly because they have probably done it since they were kids. But, it is a great ball control drill.