This is a great drill for teaching your players the transition game.
- You will need a goalie and three attackers. Place one attacker at the very center of the field, one on the far right of the center line and the third on the defensive side ten yards behind midfield.
How it Works
- This drill will begin with the goalie kicking the ball up the field.
- The goalie will kick the ball to the attacker at the center of the field.
- The attacker will trap the ball down and drop pass to the attacker on the defensive side of the field.
- Meanwhile, the attacker on the right will make a run up the sideline.
- He will get a long pass from the attacker on the defensive side of the field.
- The attacker in the middle of the field will make a run at the far post after making the drop pass.
- The attacker on the sideline will then cross the ball to the attacker making a run and that attacker will then direct the cross into the goal.
- Each attacker should take turns at each position.
- This drill helps the team go from end to end. This drill works on long passes, crosses, making runs, and finishing. It will work on the goalie punting the ball with accuracy and the attackers trapping the ball as well.