Players will learn to follow the coach and dribble the ball while staying aware of what’s going on around them.
- On one half of the field, line-up the players on one end facing the other end of the field.
- Each player should have a ball and should be about five yards away from their neighbor.
How it Works
- The coach will stand out near midfield.
- The coach will then signal for the players to dribble in a specific direction.
- So the coach might first point for the players to move forward then to the left, to the right, back, forward again, and so on.
- The players must keep their heads-up to see which way they are supposed to go and they must keep their dribble while looking at the coach the entire time.
- To be able to keep possession of the ball and see other players on the field, dribblers must keep their heads up at all times. This drill will help the players learn to dribble and change directions while keeping their heads up.