This is a great possession drill that can be done anywhere as long as there’s a ball.
- Organize the players into groups of six players and have them form a circle.
- Make sure each group of six has one ball.
How it Works
- One player will begin by passing the ball across the circle to another player.
- The passer will then run across and put pressure on the player who just received the ball.
- The player who received the ball must either one touch the ball to another player or trap the ball and pass to another player.
- Then that player goes to put pressure on the next player who is receiving the ball.
- This continues until every player has touched the ball at least once.
- This drill helps players learn to keep possession by forcing players to make good traps and good passes.
- It also forces the players to make quick decisions just as they’ll need to do in a game.