Players learn to keep control of their dribble and they also learn to shield the ball from their opponents.
- Set-up four cones to form a square that’s 30 yards by 30 yards.
- Divide your players into four teams with each team lining up at a separate cone.
- The coach will have a bunch of balls and will stand in the middle of one of the sides of the square.
How it Works
- The coach will throw a ball into the middle of the square and yell “Go!”
- Each player at the front of the line will sprint to get the ball. One player from each team for a total of four players.
- The first player to the ball will try to keep possession for 5 seconds.
- The other players will try to steal the ball. When a player steals the ball then that player will try to keep possession for 5 seconds.
- When a player keeps the ball for 5 seconds that team will get a point and the ball will be kicked back to the coach.
- Repeat with new players from each team. The winning team is the first one to reach a certain number of points or the team with most points after a certain amount of time.
- This drill is great because players must try to keep possession while facing three opponents. It puts them in a tight situation and really makes them work hard to win.