This is a great drill for teaching players how to move and communicate so that they keep possession of the ball.
- Arrange four cones into a square that’s about 20 yards by 20 yards.
- Divide the players into three teams.
- There will be three players from each team inside the cones.
How it Works
- To begin have two teams, six players, with possession of the ball and the other team, three players, as defenders.
- The two teams must pass the ball around and keep possession of it.
- The defensive team is trying to gain possession.
- Once the ball is stolen they then have possession and the team of three players that lost the ball goes on defense.
- The defensive team and the other team will now have possession and try to maintain it.
- You can make it more competitive and fast paced by giving points to the team that doesn’t lose the ball as much as the other teams.
- This drill is also a great one for conditioning the defenders.