Develops quick hip rotation, explosiveness and balance
Start in good athletic position with knees bent and arms out in front of you.
- Complete a quarter turn to the right by jumping with both feet and then returning quickly to the starting spot.
- Now complete a quarter turn to the left, again jumping with both feet and quickly returning to the starting position.
- Keep alternating from one side to the other with your jumps.
- One jump to each side (so two jumps total) equals one repetition.
- Stay light on your feet and jump as quickly to one side and back as you ca.
- Remain balanced in an athletic position with knees bent and weight equally distributed – don’t start to stand up straight as the drill goes on.
- If you have a partner you can make the drill more difficult by having them call out the direction (right or left) for you to jump.