This drill teaches teamwork, ball handling, passing and finishing.
Form two lines near opposite corners on the same half of the field.
- The first player in each line will dribble out to the corners of the 18 yard box.
- When each player gets to the corner they will pass the ball diagonally across the box.
- Then each player will sprint into the box and shoot the ball that was passed by the other player.
- Start without a goalie and to make it more difficult later on you may wish to have a goalie stand in the net and try to block shots.
- Since each player must be aware of where the other player is and must make a good pass plus finish the other player’s pass, this drill teaches players to concentrate and to know what their teammates are doing.